Last modified: March 8, 2023
- On the ECR Platform.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you, ECR, and/or the ECR Platform.
- When you interact with ECR’s advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
- Through the provision of ECR Goods and Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party (including equipment owners, customer, and ECR’s affiliates and subsidiaries), that gets access to the information, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, on or through the ECR Platform or any information you provide to or is collected by any third party.
The ECR Platform is hosted on servers in the United States. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information, you consent to its transfer and storage in the United States.
- Children Under the Age of 16
The ECR Platform is not intended for individuals under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the ECR Platform. ECR does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the ECR Platform or through any of its features, register on the ECR Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If ECR learns that it has collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, ECR will delete that information. If you believe ECR might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
California residents under 18 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights section below for more information.
- Information ECR Collects About You and How ECR Collects It
ECR collects several types of information from and about users of the ECR Platform:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the ECR Platform.
Information You Provide to Us
When you register with or use the ECR Platform, ECR may ask that you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, online profile (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), shipping or billing information, or other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
The information ECR collects on or through the ECR Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the ECR Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the ECR Platform, listing products or equipment (“Equipment”) for sale on the ECR Platform, or purchasing Equipment on the ECR Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the ECR Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the ECR Platform.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the ECR Platform or transmitted to advertisers or other users of the ECR Platform or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, ECR cannot control the actions of other users of the ECR Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, ECR cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information ECR Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
When you access, and use the ECR Platform, or as you navigate through and interact with portions of the ECR Platform, ECR may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the ECR Platform, ECR may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the ECR Platform, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the ECR Platform.
- Device Information. ECR may collect information about your mobile device, computer and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The ECR Platform also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device or computer. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. The ECR Platform does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not visit the ECR Platform or take steps to prevent your browser from collecting such information. For more information, see Choices About How ECR Uses and Discloses Your Information section below. Note, however, that opting out of ECR Platform’s collection of location information will disable its location-based features.
The technologies ECR uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile/browser cookies). A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit the ECR Platform. ECR uses a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the Websites to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the ECR Platform and ECR’s e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit ECR, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related App or Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
ECR does not collect personal information automatically, but ECR may tie this information to personal information about you that ECR collects from other sources or that you provide to us.
When you use the ECR Platform, or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Google Adsense – https://www.google.com/adsense/new/localized-terms
- Google Maps – https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/terms
- Google Analytics – https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Stripe Payment Processing – https://stripe.com/legal
- Shopify – https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the ECR Platform. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
ECR does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How ECR Uses and Discloses Your Information.
- How ECR Uses Your Information
ECR uses information that ECR collects about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To help you find Equipment for purchase or buyers of your Equipment.
- To provide you with the ECR Platform, its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from ECR.
- To provide ECR’s services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out ECR’s obligations and enforce ECR’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and ECR, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the ECR Platform or any products or services ECR offers or provides though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the ECR Platform.
- To understand and set your communication preferences.
- In any other way ECR may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The information ECR collects helps ECR to improve the ECR Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling ECR to:
- Estimate ECR’s audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the ECR Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the ECR Platform.
ECR may also use your information to contact you about ECR’s own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send an email to ECR at [email protected]. For more information, see Choices About How ECR Uses and Discloses Your Information below.
ECR may use the information it has collected from you to enable ECR to display advertisements to ECR’s advertisers’ target audiences. Even though ECR does not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- Disclosure of Your Information
ECR may disclose aggregated information about the ECR Platform’s users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To ECR’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Advertisers, Equipment owners, Equipment manufacturers, and Customers under the ECR Platform.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties ECR uses to support ECR’s business, including Shopify to power the ECR Parts store.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ECR’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ECR about ECR Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How ECR Uses and Discloses Your Information below.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the ECR Platform, ECR will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
https://www.parts.electriccyclerider.com/ and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If ECR believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ECR, ECR’s customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Choices About How ECR Uses and Discloses Your Information
ECR strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms ECR provides for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information:
- Promotion by ECR. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote ECR’s own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending an email to [email protected] or selecting unsubscribe or selecting unsubscribe in any communication. You can also always opt-out by logging into the ECR Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
- Targeted Advertising by ECR. If you do not want us to use information that ECR collects or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending an email to [email protected] or selecting unsubscribe in any communication.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by sending an email to [email protected].
ECR does not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
• FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
• GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see section below for more information.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the ECR Platform and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. ECR cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. ECR may not accommodate a request to change information if ECR believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding ECR’s use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://electriccyclerider.com/privacy-notice/.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) may permit users of the ECR Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding ECR’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
- Data Security
ECR has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where ECR has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the ECR Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. ECR asks that you not share your password with anyone. ECR urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the ECR Platform or the sharing of information with third parties.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile ECR Platforms is not completely secure. Although ECR takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information, ECR cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through the ECR Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. ECR is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the ECR Platform.
- Contact Information
Visit https://www.electriccyclerider.com/ for the most up to date contact information.