2023 Zero DSR/X
1120 North Carpenter Road, Modesto, CA 95351, USA
2023 ZERO™ Zero DSR/X – ZF 17.3
- City range: 180 miles
- Peak torque: 166 ft. lb.
- With rapid charger: 1 hour charge time
- Powertrain: 100% electric, low maintenance
- Operating system: cypher III+
- Transmission: clutchless direct drive
- Curb weight: 544 lb.
- Motorcycle stability control: bosch
- Seat height: 32.6 in.
- Power pack warranty: 5 years/unlimited miles
- Carrying capacity: 556 lb.
- City: 180 miles (290 km)
- Highway, 55 mph (89 km/h): 107 miles (172 km)
- Combined, 55 mph (89 km/h): 134 miles (216 km)
- Highway, 70 mph (113 km/h): 85 miles (137 km)
- Combined, 70 mph (113 km/h): 115 miles (185 km)
- Peak torque: 166 ft-lb (225 Nm)
- Peak power: 100 hp (75 kW) @ 3,650 rpm
- Top speed (max): 112 mph (180 km/h)
- Top speed (sustained): 100 mph (161 km/h)
- Type: Z-Force 75-10 enhanced thermal efficiency, passively air-cooled, torque optimized interior permanent magnet AC motor
- Controller: High efficiency and power dense, 900 Amp, 3-phase AC controller with regenerative deceleration
- Power pack: Z-Force® Li-Ion intelligent integrated
- Max capacity: 17.3 kWh
- Nominal capacity: 15.2 kWh
- Charger type: 6.6 kW integrated
- Charge time (standard): 11.6 hours (110% charged) / 10.0 hours (95% charged)
- With 6 kW Rapid Charger: 1.6 hours (110% charged) / 1.0 hours (95% charged)
- Transmission: Clutchless Direct Drive
- Final Drive: 90T / 22T, Gates Carbon Drive Moto X9™ belt, 25 mm wide
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
- Front suspension: Showa 47 mm Separate Function Cartridge Forks with adjustable spring preload, compression, and rebound damping
- Rear suspension: Showa 46 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable tool-less spring preload, compression, and rebound damping
- Front suspension travel: 7.48 in (190 mm)
- Rear suspension travel: 7.48 in (190 mm)
- Front brakes: Bosch Advanced MSC with Combined Braking (eCBS), Vehicle Hold Control (VHC) and Off-Road mode, dual J-Juan radial 4-piston calipers with radial master cylinder, 320 x 5 mm discs
- Rear brakes: Bosch Advanced MSC with Combined Braking (eCBS), Vehicle Hold Control (VHC) and Off-Road mode, J-Juan 2 x 25 mm piston floating caliper, 265 x 4.5 mm disc
- Front tire: Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 120/70-19
- Rear tire: Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 170/60-17
- Front wheel: 3.00 x 19
- Rear wheeL: 4.50 x 17
- Wheelbase: 60.0 in (1,525 mm)
- Seat height: 32.6 in (828 mm)
- Accessory, low: 31.7 in (805 mm)
- Accessory, tall: 34.1 in (865 mm)
- Rake: 25°
- Trail: 4.3 in (109 mm)
- Curb weight: 544 lb (247 kg)
- Carrying capacity: 556 lb (252 kg)
- Equivalent fuel economy (city): 398 MPGe (0.59 l/100 km)
- Equivalent fuel economy (highway): 188 MPGe (1.25 l/100 km)
- Typical cost to recharge: $1.94
- Standard Motorcycle Warranty: 2 years
- Power Pack Warranty: 5 years / Unlimited Miles
- Precision Performance & Control: The DSR/X inspires confidence on your journey through an upright riding position with high ground clearance, coupled with instant and smooth acceleration powered by Zero’s newest direct drive motor, the Z-Force 75-10X, to easily tackle extreme terrain. This new motor configuration produces the highest output of power ever from a Zero- a whopping 166 ft-lb of torque, more than enough to power the fully loaded DSR/X and rider over any terrain. Rear shock preload settings are hand-adjustable to dial in a smooth ride with light or heavy loads. DSR/X will be the first electric motorcycle with Bosch’s Offroad Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) which adds further safety, control, and confidence for riders of all experience levels on/off-road in variable traction conditions. Also, the DSR/X is capable of new Cypher III+ features like faster charging, more battery capacity, turn-by-turn navigation, and Parking Mode which adds the ability to ease forward and backward into a parking spot or to aid in clearing tough obstacles.
- Z-Force 75-10X Motor: The DSR/X’s unique Z-Force 75-10X direct drive motor variant is specially tuned for the rigors of navigating rough terrain. The Z-Force 75-10X delivers 166 ft-lbs. of torque and 100 hp of immediate power that effortlessly navigates any obstacle and reaches a top speed of 112 mph. All this along with Zero’s renowned internal permanent magnet, brushless architecture and a passively air-cooled, compact design that delivers class-leading performance and efficiency with virtually no preventative maintenance required.
- Linked Braking: With the DSR/X, we are introducing our first bike that features a linked braking system. Controlled by the integrated Bosch Advanced Stability Control System, it activates instantly upon sensing a loss of traction or any slippage. The system immediately applies the right amount of braking to the front and rear brakes simultaneously, providing added control when climbing or descending steep, loose terrain.
- Bosch Vehicle Hold Braking: Vehicle Hold braking is engaged when you come to a stop on a steep slope by clamping the brake lever all the way down and releasing it. Serving as a temporary parking brake, it frees the rider to make any adjustments needed on a steep pitch. When the throttle is engaged braking automatically deactivates allowing for a smooth start on a steep incline. Additionally, Bosch Vehicle Hold Braking is auto-canceling and will release brake pressure after one minute has passed.
- Gates Carbon Belt Drive: Zero has collaborated with Gates Carbon Belt Drive, the leader in belt-driven powersport technologies, to develop a wholly new belt system for the DSR/X. Wider, stronger, and more capable than ever, the belt drive system for the DSR/X is designed with larger, ported sprockets to reduce bend angles and eliminate debris from the drive train. This combination results in a more durable drive system that is less susceptible to the rigors of the terrain riders will throw at it than ever before.
- A Fully Immersive Ride: With no emissions or noise pollution, the DSR/X leaves you feeling more impacted by the experience, while having a reduced impact on the environment. Boasting our industry leading, gear-less, direct drive powertrain that’s whisper quiet and impossibly smooth, you become fully immersed in your ride. All this technology provides virtually silent performance and an emission-free ride that delivers a new experience on every adventure, from the twists and turns of mountain passes to taming the terrain beyond where the road ends.
- Instant Adaptability & Customization: The new DSR/X suite of available premium accessories rounds out this best-in-class, fully capable flagship adventure motorcycle. Beginning with five standard ride modes, the DSR/X can transform any preprogrammed mode into an offroad mode through the Zero Next Gen App. The ability to adapt to any ride conditions on-the-fly is at your fingertips. Whether it be a weekend adventure or a daily commute to the office, select the ride mode that matches your needs and do it again whenever your needs change. Bosch’s patented Linked Braking detects a loss of traction and activates controlled dual braking to further enhance stability. Plus, activating the Vehicle Hold braking feature allows the rider a moment to pause with confidence while stopped on an incline or decline.
- Ride Modes: A full suite of preprogrammed ride modes including Sport, Street, Eco, Rain, and Canyon mode are selectable on the fly through Zero’s dash interface and customizable through the next-generation app available for Apple iOS and Android. Along with these included modes, the ability to create custom modes allows for virtually infinite ride profile options to cater to individual riding styles or conditions. With the all-new offroad capabilities you can also add offroad traction to any one of the preprogrammed modes which achieve a new level of control in low or variable traction conditions of any kind regardless of the ride mode. Each mode has a different performance profile in key areas such as top speed, torque, braking, and neutral battery regeneration, as well as traction controls and even color and graphic changes. Use what we have preprogrammed or make your own from scratch through the app.
- Cypher III+: The most intelligent motorcycle operating system available today is at the center of the Zero Adventure Sports experience. In addition to the numerous customization adjustment options included there is a suite of features that allow for deeper customization of various performance criteria. DSR/X will come with all the Cypher III+ features included. Features include faster charging and increased battery capacity, turn-by-turn on dash navigation, and Parking Mode that provides a slow reverse gear to aid in getting over a critical obstacle or parking in a tight spot.
- Bosch Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC): Through continuous sensor input monitoring, the dsr/x’s on/offroad msc supports the rider by assisting during acceleration, braking, and while cornering or riding straight, regardless of terrain and conditions. Combining bosch’s msc system, renowned for dynamic acceleration and improved stability, with zero’s cypher iii+, the offroad msc’s full capabilities are unleashed. This marriage of leading technologies results in best-in-class straight-line abs and cornering brake control, traction control, and drag torque control all to provide maximum control and safety for riders.
- Showa Suspension System: An all-new front and rear suspension tuned to keep the rubber in contact with the road provides a controlled, comfortable, and agile ride down the highway, with unprecedented capability in the dirt. Fully adjustable 7.48 inches of travel up front and 7.48 inches in the rear provide the added travel needed for offroad terrain. The rear shock features a hand-adjustable preload to dial in the perfect ride height based on load for on-the-trail adjustments.
- Leading Adventure Design: The DSR/X is purpose-built for pure adventure from the ground up, incorporating our latest, most advanced technology and an all-new chassis that is optimized for maximum strength, minimal weight, and maximum capability. Its sleek modern design and geometry, combined with thoughtful ergonomics, provide confidence inspiring command over the trail. The latest technology that informed the design of the DSR/X is extended into a wide range of rugged accessories designed exclusively for this motorcycle. The DSR/X redefines what is capable on an electric adventure motorcycle so that you can go wherever your adventure leads you.
- Chassis: The steel-trellis frame internally undergoes a continuous, iterative design process to maximize its strength while shedding as much weight as possible. The powertrain is perfectly distributed, resulting in a weight-optimized/mass-centralized design and the DSR/X’s frame is also optimized for adventuring with its relocated motor controller to provide more ground clearance. Paired with a coaxial power-pivot swingarm architecture and Showa’s adventure suspension to deliver a nimble and controlled riding experience. DSR/X also offers 28L of onboard storage volume in various storage compartments.
- Designed For Adventure Accessories: The DSR/X includes adventure-minded touches to elevate the rider experience, like multiple storage compartments and the adjustable windscreen, and it’s intended to accept a full array of purposefully designed, accessory options to both increase capability as well as to accentuate its adventure styling. Optional accessories include saddle bags, skid plate, windscreen, cover, bike mat, top case, extended battery, and more. Visit zeromotorcycles.com/accessories to see all available customization upgrades.
- Explore Further: Equipped with our largest capacity battery, the Z-Force 17.3 kWh, DSR/X riders can extend their range even more to a massive 21 kWh of charging capacity with the optional Power Tank upgrade. All this capacity is supported by public and private investment that has led to an ever-growing network of over 90,000 public EV charging stations in the US alone. With an estimated 8% annual increase in charging infrastructure around the world including even in some of the most remote destinations. EV charging has never been so accessible. These stations are convenient to locate on apps such as Plugshare. Backcountry Discovery Routes, or BDR, the leading experts in building out motorcycle adventure maps, is partnering with Zero to bring all of their epic journeys to electric motorcycle riders. In addition to retrofitting all of the existing digital BDR catalogue of routes with charging infrastructure information, BDR is partnering with Zero to complete one of their iconic routes ridden entirely on the all-new DSR/X.
- Z-Force 17.3 KWH Battery Pack: The Z-Force 17.3 kWh is our largest capacity battery pack, and it comes in stock for the first time ever on the all-new DSR/X. With the optional Power Tank equipped, the DSR/X is configured to a 21 kWh pack. Its industry-leading power and energy density combined with an aluminum heat-sink housing and thermal transfer interface ensures consistent cell cooling and maximum long-term powertrain performance. All numbers quoted are based on explicit test conditions. Real-world ranges will vary based on a variety of contributing factors including rider weight, road conditions, weather, incline, consistent speeds, etc. Each rider will likely experience slightly different range numbers.
- Rapid Charges System: Our scalable Rapid Charge System allows the bike to be configured for different charging levels. The DSR/X 6kW comes upgraded to 6.6 kW through the included Cypher upgrade. In addition, another 6 kW charging module is available for purchase (dealer install required) that can achieve up to 12.6 kW. (Charge to 95% in approx. 1 hour). DSR/X can also be charged via a household 110V outlet in the garage in approximately 10 hours.
- Ever-Expanding L2 Charging Network: In addition to the 8% annual expansion in both private and public charging infrastructure increase. EV leaders like Rivian are working on their own network waypoints that are compatible with Zero L2 motorcycles. In North America numbers are climbing fast to nearly 100,000 charging stations. Using apps like Plugshare, riders can find charging spots close to them. Backcountry Discovery Routes, or BDR, the leading experts in building out Motorcycle adventure maps, is partnering with Zero to bring all of their epic journeys to electric motorcycle riders. In addition to retrofitting all of the existing digital BDR catalogue of routes with charging infrastructure information, BDR is partnering with Zero to complete one of their iconic routes ridden entirely on the all-new DSR/X.
|Engine Type||Z-Force 75-10 enhanced thermal efficiency, passively air-cooled, torque optimized interior permanent magnet AC motor|
|Transmission||Clutchless direct drive|
|Final Drive||90T / 22T, Gates Carbon Drive Moto X9™ belt, 25 mm wide|
|Front Suspension||Showa 47mm Separate Function Cartridge Forks with adjustable spring preload, compression, and rebound damping|
|Rear Suspension||Showa 46 mm piston, piggy-back reservoir shock with adjustable tool-less spring preload, compression, and rebound damping|
|Front Brakes||Bosch Advanced MSC with Combined Braking (eCBS), Vehicle Hold Control (VHC) and Off-Road mode, dual J-Juan radial 4-piston calipers with radial master cylinder, 320x5mm discs|
|Rear Brakes||Bosch Advanced MSC with Combined Braking (eCBS), Vehicle Hold Control (VHC) and Off-Road mode, J-Juan 2 x 25 mm piston floating caliper, 265 x 4.5 mm disc|
|Front Tire||Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 120/70-19|
|Rear Tire||Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 170/60-17|
|Wheelbase||60.0 in (1,525 mm)|
|Seat Height||32.6 in (828 mm)|
|Trail||4.3 in (109 mm)|
|MPG||Equivalent City: 398 MPGe (0.59 l/100 km); Equivalent Highway: 188 MPGe (1.25 l/100 km)|
|Dry Weight||544 lb. (247 kg)|
|Warranty||Standard motorcycle: 2 years; Power pack: 5 years unlimited miles|